Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Website hoarding


I have a confession. I am a website hoarder. I am addicted to finding new and useful websites but the problem is that I don't have time to explore them all so I store them in my Evernote account to view at a future date. As of this post, I have 659 "notes", which includes some infographics and blog posts but the majority are websites that I intend to use someday. The purpose of this post isn't for therapy reason but to explain how easy it is to find great websites.

I began my website hoarding addiction with Delicious. I would search the "favorited" websites of other users and was amazed at how easy it was to locate websites that interested me. The next tool I discovered was Stumble Upon. I would spend hours "stumbling" the web and I came across many amazing pictures, blogs, and websites. One site I "stumbled on" was Make Use Of which features a "Daily Cool websites" section. I subscribed to this feature and began to get  recommendation sent to my email. Later, a coworker of mine introduced me to Diigo Education which I have subscribed to and I get excellent resources shared by other educators.

Along the way I have discovered a wide array of blogs such as Richard Byrne's Free Technology for Teachers, and Larry Ferlazzo's Website of the Day to name just two. Occasionally, I will get time to seriously browse some web sites but for the most part my collections keeps growing. My latest source for website collecting has been Twitter. Now all the websites I used to visit are sending their discoveries to me  via Twitter. It makes being a website hoarder so much easier.

I don't recommend anyone become a website collector like me but if you are interested in finding new resources on the web don't bother with Google. Try one of the sites I recommended above and you be amazed at how much great stuff is out there.

2 comments:

  1. I'd like to comment on your excellent article. Very readable
    สล็อตxoauto

    ReplyDelete
  2. "What an awesome post, I just read it from start to end. Learned something new after a long time
    คาสิโน ออนไลน์ "

    ReplyDelete