Saturday, December 29, 2012

Pinterest Battle of the Decades - the 1950's

One of my favorite things to do with Pinterest is to reminisce by looking at the pictures of American culture from the past. I was born in the 60's so I am living in my 5th decade overall. I have been putting together my own decades boards and it has me wondering, which was my favorite decade and why? I still don't have an answer but it makes an interesting question. The next 5 posts will be a showcase of the culture of the past 6 decades. I am starting with the 1950's since that is the decade when  Rock n' Roll music was born. Here are the best Pinterest boards to relive the fabulous 1950's.

1) Beth McHugh has put together a board that does an excellent job of representing the culture of 1950's.


2) This board from Michele Jones has nearly 200 pins that show us what life was like in the 1950's.


3) Third is this board by Lynn Quick which, like the others, gives us a great view of the decade that was the 1950's.


4) Fourth and far from least is this incredibly thorough representation of the 1950's by Diane Saum Downard. She has dedicated 13 boards and over 1600 pins to American life in the 50's. Have fun looking back at this special decade.
When I think of the 1950's I think of Dwight Eisenhower, Elvis Presley, and life as it was shown on Happy Days and Grease. Were the 1950's the best decade ever? Please comment below or check back for the poll that will be posted in a few days.







No comments:

Post a Comment