Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Must See History Themed Music Videos

Since I am a social studies teacher it should come as no surprise that I love anything history related. History is so often seen as boring and meaningless to students who can't grasp why they need to learn about events and people from the past. I previously shared these two music videos from Soomo Publishing, which have high production value and utilize current pop music songs with a historical twist on the lyrics. The first one is about the Declaration of Independence and uses One Republic's Too Late to Apologize. The second video, which won an Emmy for Best Informational / Instructional Program in 2012, is about women's suffrage and it uses Lady Gaga's Bad Romance to tell this important story. These two music videos make great additions to any history teacher's history lesson.

 Too Late to Apologize: A Declaration

 Bad Romance: Women's Suffrage

2 comments:

  1. I very much admire the quality of the things you share and the effort that goes into maintaining your consistent excellence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I try to share things that I like and it is satisfying to know that you appreciate my efforts.

    ReplyDelete